Thursday, October 4, 2007

Do men know how to read a clock?

So, there's this really cool thing that was invented sometime in the 1500's. The minute hand came about in 1957 and was made more efficient by the Pendulum. Anyone know what it is?

Umm, what is a clock? Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Yes, a clock, something that I'm not sure men are aware of. If they were they would know how to be on time. Or how to use thier time. Kitty and I have had endless conversations about how our boyfriends spend thier time....and we're not exactly sure what they are doing with it and why it takes them so long to do....whatever it is that they do.

Let me first start by saying that I have a wonderful boyfriend. He's loving, considerate, kind and funny. But....he has a problem with time. I don't really know what his major malfunction is when it comes to this....all that I know is that it drives me completely insane. I know that many hours are logged (or lost) in front of the computer to start. I know that there is always something to fix or pull apart and put back together. It seems that many times when we are walking out of the house (through the garage of course) he will see something that all of a sudden urgently must be fixed before we can leave. Like the weed-eater, or some kind of laser tool that is broken. Wierd, I didn't know we needed the weed-eater to run to the grocery store....why can't it wait?! I don't understand.

I am sitting here, waiting for my boyfriend to arrive. He was supposed to be here 15 mins ago, but will not be arriving for at least another hour. Men. He explained to me the long list of things that came up that he had to do before leaving (which I admit, were mainly nice things for me) and all I could think of was....I could have done that in 15 minutes but it took you an hour and a half? Mystifying.

What are they doing with thier time? Why do they dick around so much? What exactly is it? I just can't figure it out. But, it's starting to spill over into my life. When we are together, we tend to run a little late (I totally blame him :) because of all this last minute shit. I think it's just poor planning.

The thing that really gets me though, is that men don't understand why us ladies get so pissed off and annoyed by thier time wasting, procrastination and tardiness. LIke, why we are irritated when we do an entire days worth of chores IN THE MORNING before they have even gotten out of bed....or why we hate waiting for them at dinner time when we've cooked a hot meal and they haven't arrived or just have to "finish" what they are doing.

Why is it that time seems to be more important to women than to men?

Maybe we should change the subtitle of this blog to "All the shit women don't understand about men" cause right now I'm feeling really confused.

Mewes

No comments: